Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Out of Shape

I give out of shape a whole new meaning! Today at work I had to query a list of our clients 542 came up in that query I had to reduce the list to 200. To do that I had to right click, left click, double click, right click to delete them 342 times X 3…you do the math! Needless to say it was a lot of clicking and now I have a carpel tunnel like pain in the right fore arm and wrist…and it’s bad…I think I will have to leave work early and ice it—(I found the silver lining.)

4 comments:

Jess said...

I don't know if there's any way to improve the muscle capacity to click. But I know I too would've had cramping -- and brain cramping from the monotony of such a task!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Best not click the buttons on the remote too much - you wouldn't want to continue to overstrain. Better pop in a movie instead!

Anonymous said...

Oh hey! I totally can relate. Today I started a new long-term sub job. I got my old username back to get on the district web page. I found all that was on my H-drive, including 1250 unread emails that I couldn't access because I'm...cough, cough...RETIRED! Luckily I had kids to work, or I would have cried! Ms. Wi

Erin said...

Connie, I hear you! I click away all day long and whenever there is repetition (evil excel spreadsheets jump to mind) I wonder how crippled I will be the next day.

Seriously though, make sure you stop during those long stretches and literally stretch your wrist and fingers out. It makes a difference.