Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Address: Room 212 Old Folks Home

First of all once I write this and put it out for the whole world to read I am sealing my fate as a grandmother…I will never be allowed to baby-sit my own grandchild! I will be lucky to be allowed to care for their dog. (Jon’s fish—never!)

Here is what happened: Today I got up early and decided not to jump in the shower. Instead I opted for the wash face, brush teeth, pit spray clean up. I got my clothes on, fed the dog, drank coffee, a bit of make up and down the stairs to the office I went. I wanted to start early and vacuum and dust. Which I did. Then we opened the office. I saw my husband we talked about a file. I saw our office assistant. I saw clients. This went on for about an hour. Then I had to use the bathroom. While washing my hands I looked in the mirror and much to my horror…I hadn’t fixed my hair! I mean I got out of bed, with bed-head and just left the house. Of course I ran upstairs and fixed it quick, belly laughing the whole time. In fact, I haven’t been able to keep a straight face all day. The most ironic part is no one said a word. I know my hair is the messy style but come on.

In the past I have left the house will rollers in…Now I am wondering what next? Will I show up somewhere with my shirt on backwards; (actually I have done that too) with my pajama’s on; with my underwear on the outside of my clothes? Will I even show up at the right place?

Last night a friend said that at the book store she saw a book called Memory so she bought it thinking it might be helpful. After she paged through it a bit at home, she went to put it on the book shelf and low and behold…she slid it in next to a book called Memory! I am calling her tonight. I definitely need to borrow a copy and she needs to read the other one!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, at least you were fully dressed with matching shoes. Now that could have been a little more embarrassing :)

Agate Lake Girl said...

Bed head is soooo in, forget about it! Now those day when you leave in the rollers, those days are funny!

Jess said...

I think the bed head is fine. I thought you were gonna have your shirt open or zipper down!