Sunday, October 21, 2007

Brotherly Love

My brother—I think I’ll keep him!
My brother Howard was here for the weekend and we had so much fun together. First we had a meeting with several people who live on Agate Lake, (a pre-association meeting) which I volunteered him to lead as he is an expert in ground water and lake restoration. Then he and I went to Ruttgers’s Oktoberfest for a brat and beer. (Or two in his case) We walked all around the property, checking out the lake, and then listened to polka music. I used to go with my mother every year and I miss that, maybe that is why going with him was so special. Then I made a fabulous dinner of glazed ham and ham and bean soup. If I do say so myself, my bean soup is second to none! Yum. Maybe it is because I glaze the ham with RUM. Then this morning we went through an old box of Mom things and sorted it. He had lunch and now is headed back to Duluth. I love you Bro!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful day with your brother! Family is so important!