Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Knit & Purl

I have recently finished a knitting project for our church. Most churches have groups that make prayer shawls. For those of you who haven’t heard about them it’s nothing more than a warm and cozy wrap about 20 inches wide by 60 inches long. What makes them special is that you weave silent prayers into them as you knit. When you are done you pass it onto your church, at which time a prayer group prays over the shawl and then gives it away to someone who is ill. I have known several people who have gotten them including my own mother. They have all mentioned how comforting it is to wrap up in the soft shawl and know that someone cares. I am not a great knitter but it was easy and it gave me a project to do while watching TV at night (I pray during the commercials.)

1 comment:

Carol said...

What a lovely idea! That is so special! And you are a great knitter! I get at least one compliment a day when I use the purse you made for me.