Saturday, October 6, 2007

Lazy=remote control

Today I gave the term lazy day a whole new meaning. My husband went off with a buddy to watch two football games. The house was clean, no one to feed so I watched some stuff on TV, read a book, cleaned up, (decided I’d better get out of my PJ’s after all it was 2:00pm) ran to the post office (son-in-law’s birthday is coming don’t want the card to be late), stopped at the grocery store. I bet you think I came home and did something worth while. NOT. Instead I watched Meada’s Family Reunion so I could droll over that darling Boris Kodjoe again, watched Simply Irresistible, because I had it taped, then just jumped around on some channels.
I have learned something about myself today; I really like having the remote and giant flat screen to myself. Watch out husband tomorrow is Sunday (football) so you better hope that guilt gets the best of me and I find something productive to do so that I give the remote back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! I would love to have a lazy day like that. I will have to live vicariously through you for awhile so feel free to enjoy more of those days. You can always tell anyone who asks that you are doing it to help out a friend! ;-)

Erin said...

I had the same type of day-watched some trash tv, read a little, played cards with Ryan, watched a movie...it was beautiful. I did do grading in the morning though.

Oh, so I have heard about Meerkat Manor and finally watched it. It is terrific except I picked the episode where one of the main characters died. That part was a little depressing but it was a good show. I might have to start DVRing it.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I think you mean drool. I did google him and also found him to be drool-worthy!