Monday, October 22, 2007

A hole in one

Tonight our recently formed knitters group met for the first time. The two new knitters caught on quickly and now we are going to get together to knit our prayer shawls as often as we can. The women are a wonderful caring group of friends so of course tonight was a lot of laughs. And the food we brought to share was yummy. The snacks turned it into a party! The only thing we were missing was the wine…but wine and knitting don’t mix well. After they left I sat down to finish the shawl I was working on and after it was done I held it up and low and behold a huge hole right in the middle of it! This is not a good thing. So either I have to figure out some innovative way to disguise it, or Angel has just gotten a new blankey! At least it’s pink.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Just make the hole larger and call it a poncho or put a giant applicay (no idea how to spell that, why doesn't blogger have spell check in the comments section?) to cover it up. Then again, maybe Angel would like a new blanket.

Jess said...

I absolutely think that wine and knitting mix. I think wine mixes well with just about nay activity. Except bowling. You need beer for that.

Jess said...

I meant "any" not "nay." Oopsie.

Anonymous said...

I was one of the friends that enjoyed this knitting night with girlfriends. I now love knitting as much as our hostess and hope it is not one of the hobbies that she tires of. She was a wonderful, patient teacher and great hostess!!