Tuesday, October 9, 2007

As The World Turns

Could the World still turn if two people who couldn’t change a toilet paper roll…married each other? My theory is that the universe makes certain that doesn’t happen. Fate is why opposites attract…so in a relationship there will always one person who can change the empty roll of T.P.; one person who can unwrap a new stick of butter; one person who can call for reservations; one person who can carry out the garbage; one person who can kill bugs; one person who can empty mouse traps; one person who can put down the lid on the commode; one person who can run the VCR or DVR; one person who can mow grass; and one person who can clean up puke. Ain’t fate great?

3 comments:

Jess said...

That's true. It is handy that what I can't/won't do -- Jerry will. Plus, his neuroticism is almost balanced out by my head-in-the-clouds, so while he may triple check the lock on the front door, there's no guarantee I'll remember to close it.

Anonymous said...

That is interesting. It works the same way in our house too! Except for the ironing, we BOTH hate to iron. I only do it when I can't possibly avoid it. My hubby is a better avoider than I am. Maybe that is because I won't let him go to a big meeting all wrinkled, whereas he would attempt it, but would not be very successful and go in HALF-wrinkled with probably some new freshly creased wrinkles to boot!

Erin said...

Well, if Jerry and I got married the world would certainly stop turning. Same with Jess and Ryan. Good thing we found our hubbies rather than each others to marry.