Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lonely Night

If you read Shannon's blog you already know that I had company since Monday. Shannon's babysitter (just another member of the family) and her husband and three kids. We have been having so much fun. Aaron, age 5, and I had so much fun in the mornings as he was an early riser like me. The rest of the family slept in getting some much needed relaxation! The second day they all went to the beach at 8:00 am their youngest stayed with me. He just didn't want to go to the beach. He loved Angel and I don't think he wanted to leave her. In an effort to get him to see the ocean we drove him down there hoping he would decide to stay...wrongo! In fact their daughter decided to ditch the ocean too in favor of Shannon's pool. Then we came home and Stef and I beaded. It was a wonderful day. And the visit went way too fast. They left today after a lazy day of visiting to drive to Orlando to catch a late flight home. Angel just doesn't know what to think. Her feet barely touched the floor for four days...she was usually in Aaron's arms. And for those of you who know Angel you know-that is her favorite place to be-in someones arms. She will really miss him as will I, he was my little buddy. All three kids are so sweet. Sue & Otto...you sure did something right! Please come back soon. I am missing you already!

The only thing I am not missing is all those extra shoes in the entry way. It reminded me of how our house in Crosby always looks! I hate small foyers! I felt like the the old woman who lived in a shoe...or in this case...lived with shoes!

I am having an early night as my cough is really messing with my asthma and breathing is getting harder I thought resting in bed with HGTV would be a good idea. Shannon is home doing the same; she saw her doctor today and do to retaining water she is taking it easy as ordered.
Nite Nite!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Glad you had such a good time. I have always been a bigger pool fan than beach fan for playing - after all who wants all that sand in their clothes and that salty water in their eyes! Though I have to admit, I love the beach for the view and for walking - somehow I don't think those are things kids really appreciate though.

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your guests. It is always a happy/sad time when they leave and things get back to normal.

Hope you enjoyed your evening of rest.

Jess said...

Glad you enjoyed your guests!