Monday, August 4, 2008

Bad to the Bone

By now you have read about the robbery. I was amazed that V could move back in right away. I would be freaked for...well years most likely. I like Shannon am mostly worried about the dog. If she and I were gone then it would be awful but you could get over it. But if the dog was home...I shudder to think! I am trying to decide if I should "chip" Angel I am most afraid she will run away or they will hurt her to shut her up...she is annoying with her shrill bark! I just don't understand why people do these things. Why can't they just work like the rest of us? There are a lot of bad bad people out there. Makes me miss HOME. We don't have much of that in Crosby. (For all the things I've ever said about small towns etc. I take it all back! Give me the boring life!)
By the way after seeing the way her place was tossed, every out of the way place you can think of stashing something, trust me they will look there.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

You and Shannon are forgetting one of the main points of having a dog with a shrill bark. More often than not that bark will deter the robber enough to try somewhere else, even if it is coming from a afro'd rat or an Ewok impersonator.

Erin said...

Instead of chip, put a collar on Angel. Not all people will take the time to bring a dog to a vet to check if it's chipped and that vet has to have the same kind of chip reader (there isn't a standard from what I read back when they first started chipping dogs).

Jess said...

It does suck for Venessa, but I wouldn't necessarily say small towns have fewer crimes. Bemidji is way smaller than South Florida, and when I lived there, my car was broken into twice. I've never had it broken into here.

Carol said...

It is a scary thing! Living here in New Orleans I have seen more crime then I ever imagined I would. There are murders that make the headlines every week, sometimes more than once a week. Theft is rampant, you don't want to leave anything visible in your car or it is likely to be broken into. Vandalism is also all over the place. Can you tell I am not looking forward to moving into town?

I am so glad that Vanessa is okay!

WorldTravelista said...

Lucy and Stella both have chips; i'm glad they do - gives me peace of mind. but in AZ, the license tag has a # on it to call when you find a stray. And when you call it auto-fwds to the owners #. I had to do it one time for a stray and it connected me right away to the owner. Very cool!