Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day

Tomorrow is "going into Labor, Day"
And as one of my mother's favorite poem says the day of the week does matter--here they are just as a reminder, Shannon.

Born on Monday, fair of face,
Born on Tuesday, full of grace,
Born on Wednesday, the best to be had,
Born on Thursday, merry and glad,
Born on Friday, worthily given,
Born on Saturday, work hard for a living,
Born on Sunday, shall never know want.


Just stay away from Saturday and you will be alright! Saturday is the day my John was born and he has slaved all his life. Shannon and I were born on Wednesday and well...need I say more!

To figure out what day you were born to see if it fits--google what day of the week was I born and you can put in your birthdate. Then let me know what day you were born on!!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Huh. I never knew before what day of the week I was born on. I guess it was a Saturday. No wonder I'm such a diligent little worker!

mom2ET said...

I was born on a Monday, not quite sure that one is true. Chris was born on Thursday and he is definitely merry and glad. Emma is a Friday baby and definitely worthily given.

Erin said...

I was a Tuesday, Ryan was a Sunday, and Miller was a Wednesday. I would have thought I was born on a Saturday considering my work ethic. Interesting.

Carol said...

I was born on a Sunday - I guess in a way that is true - I have never been completely poor - but I have had known lots of want (not need, but definitely WANT!) :)