Saturday, August 9, 2008

Late night

What am I doing up at this un-Godly hour (3:17 am) you wonder? Truth is that I am reading Breaking Dawn and about 11:00 pm I quit reading and told my self to go to sleep. I slept for a couple hours and now all I want to do is keep reading. But I am not going to let myself because I don't want to finish it too fast. I want to savor it a bit and I am already about half way. I am hoping blogging will get my mind on something else.

I had an interesting day today. After a late book club last night, didn't get in until 11:30. Doctor appt. early am today and then an all day install with Brinks at both Shannon's house and mine I should be sleeping! The all day install was due to parts that were supposed to be arriving UPS early which didn't come until UPS last delivery. The installer was still working after dinner. We feed him twice, thankfully we had leftovers from the party...brownies and cake at noon and then Manicotti at supper as he was still here. (And had no vehicle as his partner left much earlier in the day.) Finally his wife brought him the parts. It felt like we had company all day. Thankfully he was nice and spoke English you could understand. I think this will make us feel a little more secure so it the end it was worth it. We feel like we have a new friend; his wife wants the recipe for the Manicotti because he couldn't stop saying how good it was.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I too am about halfway through Breaking Dawn. Yesterday i felt like poo, so I didn't read much at all (reading when I don't feel good just gives me a headache). But I too am kinda trying to restrain myself.

Erin said...

I will have to start the series after all the talk about how good it is.

Wow, with treatment like you provide, I wouldn't be surprised if the repairman/install man forgot a tool or something so he can come back for more food!