Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fay Go Away

Not looking forward to my first Hurricane! I want it to pass-by out to sea. I feel horrible with this crap in my lungs and this cough. It's hot and no electric/AC will not make me feel better. I will worry about Shannon and the baby...just not a good year for a hurricane.
I was looking for D cell batteries...wow 1 pack found 3 stores searched. I picked up a personal battery fan, won't be great but a little moving air will help if need be.
My car cooled a little better today and thanks Erin and Jess, glad to know that it was the heat not my car.

I had Jon and Shannon over for breakfast to break in my new waffle iron the kind the motels have that flips over. Only 50.00 at Sam's and the waffles were great. I also made ham and cheese croissants in the oven as Jon's not much of a waffle man. He is however a yard man and he offered to trim two trees for me that I was going to tackle. So I dropped off an 18 pack of Bud to Juan's Lawn Service as a thank-you. I really appreciated it! Thanks Jon. He came to pick up the limbs and haul them to his house and when he came in the alarm was on (I have been trying to get in the habit of arming it) so it set off. I was sewing but ran down thinking the dog set it off but no it was Jon. He said, "good thing I didn't think it was a real break in and bring the gun." I don't think it's loud enough to scare off a robber but hopefully it will call the cops.

Just talked to the hubby for a bit and now lights out and relax!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Your AC will probably work overtime in your house too when it's this hot. It seems like it never quite shuts off or cools down when it gets this warm.

Don't worry abour the hurricane. You will be fine and so will Shannon (for Fay. If another one comes closer to her due date, she better high tail it to the hospital). My preparation was a little more conscious this year due to Miller being around but overall, slightly more relaxed than the first time through hurricane season. We will help each other through whatever happens. BBQ's, shared freezer space, help cleaning up, and company to help the monotony. We have your back :)

Ryan said...

18 pack? That might inflate his ego a bit. Next time give him a 40 and tell him to git the hell outta your lawn.(with the refuse in tow of course.)

We'll be fine with the Whoricane. But in preparation, you better save some beer for yourself.

Carol said...

Is it ever a good year for hurricanes? It looks like it won't be too big, so hopefully it won't be too bad. Let those of us out of town know you are okay when you can. Good luck!!!

Jess said...

The forecasts are promising that the storm will miss us (still, best to be prepared for the worse and hope that we don't have to expereince it), so we'll get some rain and strong winds, but it doesn't look as though we'll experience any hurricane this time around.