Friday, January 30, 2009

rats, pizza and football

A couple of nights ago about 9:00 the weather was so nice Angel and I decided to go for a walk. It had been a few days since I remember to stop for the mail so we headed that way. We were about two thirds of the way there when I saw a furry looking animal near the mail boxes. It was shorter than a cat and had no tail that I could make out, not like a furry tail. It didn't move like my pal the possum. It was about a foot long & it was very low to the ground. Considering it was headed toward the canal, I concluded it was a big rat. Angel and I turned on our heels and power walked home. No more late night strolls for us!

Tonight Dave, Rylee, Shannon and I went to Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza. Rylee's first dinner out. She was terrific. (Course it helped that they had loud music.) Oh, and the pizza was great! If you haven't tried it---do! Dave is head to Brazil for a month and if it goes well, for good. If that happens we will really miss him.

This weekend sewing is in my future. (And laundry! I haven't done any since my hubby left.) But for all you football fans that have much more fun planned in your weekend...have fun, drive safe and may the best team win!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Rats-Yuck! At least it headed away from you and not towards you. Angel will have to keep her hair fluffed so she looks bigger than him. ;) Did she bark or show any interest?

Congrats on the first meal out. Just wait until you can bring Rylee and have her sit in a high chair. Then the fun starts.

Have fun sewing. I may enlist you for a project in the near future. I will need some help and I think I know how to bribe you to supervise. Wine and some food.

Have a good weekend. I am off to graduation. Obligation to attend when you work for a university.

Jenny said...

Well, I had planned my comment out in my head and it starts exactly like Erin's.

Rats...YUCK!

Pizza...yum! I'll keep that one in mind.

Sewing...what are you working on?

Jess said...

I have never seen a rat in FL before! Gross.

I've never been to Anthony's but I do hear it's good. However, pizza sounds disgusting to me right now. Blech.

Crissy Rae said...

Anthony's pizza is great! Brian and I were there on Friday. We try to go at least once a month cuz it's so good. Glad Rylee had a great night out too.