Sunday, January 25, 2009

Animal cruelty

I am watching Animal Planet's, Miami animal rescue. It is appalling how many people treat their animals so horribly. Most of the stories just make me cry. One N.W. Miami farmer has let several horses and pigs live in horrible conditions, with feces everywhere and no food or water for a very long time. Fined him, took all the non-owned but stabled horses away. But they let him keep one of his own horses! Why? All the pigs and a couple of the horses will have to be put down. Watching this makes me angry. Very Angry. I have come to the conclusion that instead of euthanizing the animals...we should euthanize the owners!


On a happier note. You will never guess what I did today--are you trying to guess--took down my Christmas tree! Yes I know Christmas ended a month ago but I was enjoying the holiday a bit longer. (read--lazy) But today I had three things going for me. Time: A day off from Miss Rylee. Rested: A good nights sleep for once. Motivation: The only one in my complex with holiday lights still on! Looks bare but feels good.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I cannot watch those shows. Real life is much worse than animal movies!

(There was an error the first time I tried to comment. Hopefully you do not get this twice!)

Erin said...

I can't watch that show. It makes me too angry and sad. I don't know how anyone can treat an animal like that.

Jess said...

Like the new look of the blog!

And like Erin and Jenny, I can't watch those shows; they're just too sad.

Carol said...

Great new look! Where did you get it?

I can't watch shows like that, my hubby won't let me because they make me sad and he can't fix it :)