Saturday, January 24, 2009

Smiley Rylee

Every day when Shannon and I are here with Rylee, when she goes down to sleep, we tiptoe out and maybe once while she is asleep one of us goes in to peak at her. Then why is it when I am with her alone, like tonight, do I feel the urge to check on her every 5 minutes! I can't even enjoy the quiet I keep thinking either I heard her...or I haven't checked on her for 5 minutes. So strange. Anyway, Shannon is out having fun tonight with the girls and Rylee and I are doing great. First she ate. They we played and she laughed and smiled for an hour. Right now she is sleeping. It's been a good night so far.
It's been 5 minutes...I gotta run.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember the days we would sneak in and look at Shannon when she was sleeping. We probably went in for two reasons- we already missed her company and we were checking to make sure she was OK.
Some things never change- you never stop worrying about those you love! Miss you a bunch. Dad

Erin said...

Miller thought he was going to see his girlfriend tonight :(

Glad Rylee was good for you. It is hard not to check in but at some point you have to go with the flow. I only checked on Miller once tonight in a 5 hour span. I figure if he's sleeping and there's nothing for him to choke on, I am good. Granted, I do make sure he isn't sleeping face down since he does like that position.

It's good to here Rylee didn't give you a tough time. Are you ready for two? Miller's an easy kid to babysit.

Carol said...

I always did the same thing when I was babysitting, even when they were older kids! I think it is a natural anxiety since you are taking care of them for someone else. glad she had a good night!

Carol said...

On a completely different note - I am finally back and just wanted to say how wonderful it was to see you both in Orlando!!! We had such a great time! Can't wait till we can do it again and we can meet Rylee!

Jess said...

Glad the evening went so smoothly for you!