Saturday, November 29, 2008

Food Fest

Friday the Thanksgiving dinner I made turned out yummy. In fact we ate it tonight as well. I am stuffed! I am always glad when the food fest is over. The wild rice and sausage dressing was to die for this year if I do say so myself!

Rylee was so good all day Friday she hung out with Shannon and I and helped trim the tree. (Well to be honest Shannon did all the work and Rylee and I watched TV mostly.) The trees look lovely and the house is so feastive! Thanks Shannon!

I got the book club book today-Born on a Blue Day-or something like that, I will let you know if I like it. It is going to be different.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like a delicious dinner!

Erin said...

Yum, sounds like it was very tastey. My goal is to get my decorations up today. Wish me luck.

Carol said...

I am glad that you had a good Thanksgiving weekend - even if it was different. I have had to adjust to not spending every Thanksgiving with my family and our traditions - that is never an easy adjustment. It is especially hard when you are away from your hubby on the holidays. Hopefully it will just make the next one more joyous and special!

This year with my hubby and I both being sick we just spent a quiet day at home. But like you we talked on the phone to family and thought warmly of others who are no longer with us. Hopefully now that Rylee is around there will be opportunities to develop new traditions.