Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gone Hunting

Everyone I know has gone hunting. I come from a big hunting family. Even though John and I don't hunt I always loved this season in Mn. I liked many things about this time but one of the best memories is everyone would eat dinner at my Mom's all week. One of my favorites was the night we had, boiled dinner. One night venison stew. One night, John and I would eat leftovers because they would eat venison heart and liver...yuk. But the nights were always full of stories, drinks, laughter and fun.

Other things I like about the season:
The stories.
The crisp cold air.
Everyone dressed in orange.
All guys growing beards.
The stories.

Well good luck hunting everyone wish I was there!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Any event that brings family together on a regular basis is makes for wonderful memories! For me, I remember going to visit my grandparents when their church had their summer picnic. All my cousins came too, there was good food, family fun, and lots of playing in the pool.