Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm thankful

I am having the Thanksgiving blues. I haven't spent a thanksgiving day without my husband for 36 years. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. When my parents were alive we would all gather there and my mom would make the best dinner. The food, the fun, the fighting, the drinking and the eating...it doesn't get any better than that! I love being with my family and sharing the "I'm thankfuls." A tradition which I started years ago making my family wait to eat until we all went around the room saying what we were most thankful for that year. This year of course it's Rylee. The Lord blessed us with her and we are thankful that she is healthy and happy. I am making breakfast for Shannon & Jon tomorrow and we can do our "I'm thankfuls" then. Traditions change and so do situations. It's not the day that is important--it's the love it represents.
I am happy to be here with Shannon and Rylee but I will still be sad because I won't be cooking with my brother or hanging out with John and sharing the day.

I will miss all of you that are still here with us, and those of you who are new and just joining this crazy family, and most of all I will miss those of you who are gone from this earth but never from our hearts. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Jess said...

It's too bad you are spending T-day without your hubby; I too would be sad to spend the holiday without Jerry. But, we'll all have fun at Brian and Crystal's, where there will be plenty of booze, so hopefully that will help dissipate any "blues" for you! :)

Erin said...

It is tough being away from family during the holidays but the "Florida Family" will help ease the pain. The positive side to it is that soon John will be here for Christmas and you can start a new tradition with Jon, Shannon, and Rylee (Rio too).

See you this afternoon. Don't eat too much for breakfast...there is going to be tons of food this afternoon.

Crissy Rae said...

It's hard to spend the holidays away from those closest to you, especially your husband. Thankfully Christmas is just around the corner and he will be down here real soon.

Just remember, our place is open to you and we would love to have you here with us.