Friday, May 1, 2009

Day Care Grannie

Today is the last day of my two week day-care. On one hand I'm sorry to have my one on one with Rylee come to an end for now. Rylee and I have had a ball! But I have discovered some things about myself. That I only enjoy getting up early when I don't have to! This getting up at 4:45 AM is the pits. I feel bad for you working stiffs, I am giving you some real pity from now on. It didn't help that this was birthday week...all that staying up late. (9:00)

And If I'm being honest, it is exhausting. Rylee has really started crawling around these last two days. It is not as fun as when she sat in one spot playing. I am earning my stripes now. This morning it's been crawl to the TV, I move her, crawl to the TV, I move her. Thank goodness for mealtime...she is in the high chair and can't move. And for naps. I love nap time, I even take one sometimes too. (Which is why I get nothing else done, like cleaning.)

All in all I wouldn't trade a minute of it. However, I might spread it out to three times a week. After all I am 60! Day Care Grannie over and out!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Why in the heck do you have to rise at 4:45?!

MN Mom said...

I have to get up that early to shower, get ready, have at lease 30minutes for coffee time and get here at 6:20. Us old folks take a long time to get ready.

Ryan said...

I completely understand coffee time. Usually after coffee time I have other business to attend to.....if you know what I mean.

So 30 minutes for coffee time is totally acceptable.

If I was you I would take coffee time in the car on the way over, and take care of the bidness in Jon's pot!

Erin said...

Ok, you live 5-10 minutes away. Get up, roll out, head over and drink your coffee on Jon's dime and shower at the first nap. I work an 11 hour day or more and I wouldn't shower except I have to show up at the office. You have Rylee to impress...if you shower at noon you are doing well.

Mn pet pal said...

Day Care Grannie...but wonderful is it not? ..trying,exhausting and satisfying all rolled into one.
You are Blessed...as so is Rylee to have you as her Grannie.