Monday, May 25, 2009

Missing you

Mom would have had such a good time today celebrating her 90th birthday! If she were here this is how we would have celebrated...First, all her children and her grand children would have been there. We would have had a huge open house picnic style at her house. The party would have trickled out into the yard of course and folks would have stopped all afternoon to give her Happy Birthday wishes. Mom would have been the perfect hostess fussing over all the food and making sure people ate plenty. Even though all of us kids would have tried to get her just to sit and enjoy being waited on, she never would have. With Mom it was, always the hostess never the guest. And she would have been in her glory too, enjoying all of her friends and family. She would have told jokes & old stories, had a glass or two of wine, laughed a lot and most likely been the last one to bed!

I did a lot of wishing today that we could have had this lovely party for her. And I felt a bit cheated that she didn't get to have it. But it got me thinking...a lot of her family and most of her good friends have already passed so I'm thinking she had that great party today. She celebrated and laughed. She told jokes. She was young enough to dance the shodish with her mom and do the two-step with my dad. She was very happy on her 90th Birthday. And those of us who couldn't attend the party missed her very much but we were with her in spirit.

Happy 90th Mom...No body misses you more than I do. It's a hole in my heart that never heals. But I want you to know that everything good that I am, is because of you.

2 comments:

Carol said...

That's lovely! I am sure she did have a very happy day like you said - and you were definitely with her and she with you in spirit!

Jess said...

She sounds like a wonderful person!