Monday, May 11, 2009

Now I have seen it all

Now I have seen it all folks. You know how Saturday was the day to leave food at the mail boxes so your mail carrier could pick it up for the food shelf--well like many other people I had my bag filled and as I was leaving Sat. morning I drove to the mail boxes. There were no other bags so I tied my bag shut and I left it on top of our mail box clusters.

As I drove into our circle I noticed a new silver SUV parked by the mail boxes with no person inside. As I drove out of the circle, I thought I saw a head pop up. Because I have a devious and suspicious mind I thought right away...would people hide knowing that food would be dropped off and then get out and steal it. I turned around at our entrance drove back and low and behold...no grocery bag. I didn't know what to do. I worried that if I confronted the person they might wig-out. So I drove off. I hope that this person needed the food but if they were looking to steal food they shouldn't have used a brand new SUV for their get away car! I can only hope they actually needed the food. (And stole the car.)

4 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, that's pretty scary! Here you try and do something nice and someone exploits the system. Even if they do need it, why can't they go through the system like everyone else? It is EXTREMELY suspicious that they are in a new SUV! I think at the very least you should report what happened to whoever organized this event. And if you got the license plate you could report them to the police.

Jess said...

That's weird.

And I had heard nothing about this food-for-the-mail-carrier to pick up business. Clealry, I'm not paying attention to something.

MN Mom said...

Re: grocery day...maybe it was just the City of Sunrise. Or maybe they are taking turns in various cities.

Crissy Rae said...

Remember this: when it comes to Florida, you will never see it all. There will always be some idiot out there that's going to do something ridiculous that the rest of society is baffled by. Endless entertainment for the rest of us, I guess. I think their brains get overheated from all this sunshine.