Sunday, May 10, 2009

To my daughter, Shannon, on her 1st Mother’s Day

Since you were a little girl, I dreamed,
Of a day when you were grown;
A day that you would have,
A daughter of your own.

That you might know the joy
Of a baby who looks up at you,
With undying trust & adoration;
There is no greater feeling.

Enjoy the small moments, don’t fret or be too busy.
Trust yourself, a Mother always knows best.
And we come from a long line of wonderful Mother’s.
Remember, if you do need me to lean on, I will never be far.

And for all the happiness there will be tears.
But through it all, you will love and nurture,
Spoil and fuss over, listen to, be best friends with,
And guide Rylee with a soft heart and steady hand.

Then one day, you will have a dream
That when she is grown,
She will have a daughter of her very own…



Here’s to a wonderful Mother on her first of many Mother’s Days. I am so proud of the woman and the Mother you have become. I love you!

Love, from your Mother and my Mother, who I’m sure is watching and smiling from above and of course sending her wisdom and her love.
Happy Mother's Day to you too Mom, I love you and miss you everyday!

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Thanks Mom! For the beautiful poem, for the special breakfast, for the advice, for the support, for the laughter, for the fun, for always being there... for everything!

I am so blessed to have a mother like you!

Jess said...

Happy mom day to both of you!

Carol said...

Happy Mother's Day to you both!