Sunday, September 30, 2007

Leader of the Pack

I may have mentioned (or not) that I was looking forward to sewing doll clothes for my niece this weekend. Now I know why I don’t sew clothes of any size. I can’t make heads or tails out of what gets sewed where. The people who write the instructions for sewing clothes are obviously not writing them for idiots like me! I thought making a jean jacket for the doll with her name embroidered on it would be cool. The jean jacket is as small as your hand and yet it took me about 6 hours to make. And in the end I couldn’t follow the directions and did it my way. It turned out kind of cute but gees 6 hours? I was going to make three of them, one for each of her dolls. But I have since decided that one doll and one doll only should be lucky enough to get a jacket. Kind of like the Pink Ladies in Grease Two…you have to earn the jacket and the other two girls didn’t make the grade. The obvious leader of the pack is named Samantha and she has a jacket with her name on it to prove it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Size does NOT matter.

Whether small or large, it's all the same amount of WORK!

Guess who?

Anonymous said...

P.S. Samantha's gonna rock!

Jess said...

I know one easier way to sew those clothes. Step one: get in car. Step two: drive to doll clothes store. Step three: buy the appropriate doll clothes.

There you go. Much easier.

Erin said...

My grandma made me Barbie clothes once. Yep, same experience. Too small and time consuming. Fork over the $10 and buy it premade.

Ultimate moment I knew grandma had lost it was the year I asked for Barbie clothes and I received a "Barbie" sweatshirt for me! Ugghhh! Talk about embarrassing.