Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hobby Addict

Hello my name is Connie and I am a hobby-aholic!

Ever since my husband and I have been married my hobbies have been a bone of contention with us. I try a new hobby. What ever I get into…I love. I buy everything to do this particular hobby And that equals Cha-ching! This is not the part that he minds. What he minds is that after a short time I get sick of said hobby and move onto a new hobby—usually never to pick up old hobby again. Now mind you, I have every intention of doing said hobby until I die but new hobby comes along and...what can I say, I'm fickle.

This cycle started right after we got married. My first hobby to fall flat was latch hook rugs. I remember it well. We were on a weekend in Kansas City. He and a buddy were at a ball game…left to my own devices I wandered into a craft store and wandered out with $350.00 worth of yarn and canvas. (In 1974 that was a lot of moola.) He was not a happy camper especially when about half way into my first rug I decided the project sucked. I did make my daughter a very ugly latch hook pillow with Mickey Mouse on the front. My husband always referred to it as the $350.00 pillow. Since then so many hobbies have fallen to the way-side; some of which include, stamping, knitting, quilting, crocheting, painting & beading.

I recently found a new hobby, machine embroidery & purchased a new sewing/embroidery machine (cha ching, cha ching) and today I am taking a sewing class that will help me learn to use it. I am excited about it. And as I told my husband last night when I was packing my machine up in it’s new rolling travel case, this hobby I will be doing until I die. To which he answered, “no comment.”

3 comments:

Jess said...

Huh. You're fickle too? I guess now we know where Shannon gets her "fickle-tude" from!

Erin said...

So Ryan isn't the only "hobby addict." Interesting...

Agate Lake Girl said...

What??? You've moved on from beading! That better not apply to your daughter and her growing watch supply. :)