Monday, September 24, 2007

Don't BUG me!

These MN bugs are driving me mad. This time of year the box elder bugs and the Asian beetles are invading the premises. Our siding, which is taupe, now looks black and red all over. You can’t walk in and out the door without encountering hundreds of these bugs. They fly at you, land on you and come into the house where ever they can; and trust me they can. They are gross, gross, gross. I am freaked out by bugs’ period, and having this many attacking you is enough to make me want to hibernate until winter!

They are the grossest looking bugs ever. (I said that already but it bares repeating.) I continually scream, duck, & flail my arms about looking ridicules when ever I am running from the house to the car. I’m sure I am fodder for much belly laughing from my neighbors who don’t seem to be bothered by this invasion at all. In fact they sit outside on their porch enjoying the sunshine with these creepy things crawling all over them. I just don’t get it.

When the bugs get inside the house you have to squish the ugly things and they stink and bleed red ooze all over.
I told my husband, “This is it. I am not putting up with these critters any more. I don’t care what it costs I want to get rid of them.”
He said, “They will go away on their own for free in a couple months.”
To which I answered, “I can’t wait a couple months it’s either I get rid of the bugs or else!”
Now I didn’t say what or else meant, but he said, “Fine call them”. So, I called a bug spraying outfit and they are supposed to be coming today. Hurrah!

So I say to all Box Elder Bugs and Asian Beetles in the area...if this is WAR—bring it on.

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

You have my support in this great offensive against any and all creatures with exoskeletons!

Erin said...

Growing up we used to heat with wood heat. Just when you thought you were bug free, they would come in with the firewood, thaw, and flit around the house. I hated those bugs. So disgusting. I am on your side-gross!

Jess said...

At least you don't have roaches -- they are, hands down, the most disgusting thing on this planet. No wait, there are a few political leaders and corporate execs who might rank lower :)