Thursday, September 27, 2007

Going Global

After my friends read my hobby-aholic blog…they pointed out a few hobbies I forgot to mention:
Ceramics (does it even count if you only made frog sponge holders and the naked thinker guy?).
Cake decorating (problem there was I don’t bake…you need to have a cake to decorate). There were more but I don't have the strength right now to dig that deep.

The bottom line is that I do have a problem and what I found out in talking with my friends is…there are a lot of us out there. I am thinking of starting a group hobby-holics anonymous—(Drinking during group sessions mandatory!)

And you guys who are so smug reading this right now…think about all the gear you have for fishing, hunting, target practice, re-loading, paintball, model cars & planes, golf and the list goes on…

Watch for a group starting soon near you…I am taking this global!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey, I'm not smug, I am in agreeance. People who are as smart as we are, have to have many hobbies to occupy our intelligence.

Erin said...

Ummm...what does that say about those of us who don't have hobbies?

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, where can I sign up! I desperately need this club. I have so many hobbies and keep acquiring new ones while not giving up the old ones. Can I become a professional multi-hobbiest? Is there such a job? My husband can't complain though. His equipment for one of his hobbies fills a full sized closet and then some!