Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Long Lost Classmates

Last Friday was very special for me. I reconnected with a long lost classmate. This girl was a friend of mine fifty years ago. We went to grade school and high school together. But over the last forty years we have lost touch. Recently we have begun emailing and decided to plan a get together in Duluth. It was as if no time had passed at all. I mean realistically sure there were huge gaps in what we knew about one another but it didn’t seem to matter at all. We still had a bond that just couldn’t be denied. Laughter was shared; many old stories & I met her lovely daughter. Then another classmate surprised us at dinnertime and then there were three! (Well technically four because a new friend came with the old. I fear she was bored silly, but such a good sport about it…)
We three old pals…well I just can’t tell you the stories that were shared, and the wine! Oh my! What a treasure that day was and there will be more good times. Because I think we all felt like life is getting short and we don’t want to waste anymore of it without one another. You two are so special to me.

Then on Sunday I got a hold of another old friend in the area and we had breakfast together. That was special too. It seems that weekend was meant to reconnect me with old friends.
So I suggest that anyone reading this call an old friend up if you do you will feel wonderful.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Connie! Congrats on setting up your blog! It looks great and you've already been so consistent with posting. Umm, I did notice on your profile, though, that it kinda sounds like Shannon is flipped "inside and out"! Which, actually makes her even more intriguing...but you may want to consider the wording :)

Anonymous said...

Like the old song says, "Make new friends, but KEEP the old. One is SILVER and the other's GOLD!"

Sounds silly, but so true.

Loved the classmate entry.

Hugs from Wisconsin

P.S. Curious about the Sunday morning breakfast friend. Was it C.T.(don't know her new name)??