Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Blessed with friends

I couldn’t talk about my life without saying that I belong to a book club. We call ourselves the Birthday Girls. But it is really so much more than a book club. It is ten extraordinary women who have bonded in a friendship that will last through this life and into the next. I am truly blessed to have friends like this. We recently spent a get-a-way weekend at a winery. (Oh didn’t I mention that all our get-togethers include wine. Well they do, lots of wine and really great food!) What a blast we have.
My wish for anyone reading this is that one day you will know this kind of friendship. We don’t worry about getting older we celebrate the fact that we are older, yes, but also wiser, more together, and better in every way than the year before. (Well maybe not every way—things are going south whether we want to admit it or not.) So all of you women out there who don’t find time to be with your friends…make time. And all of you guys make time as well. When you get to be my age you realize life is short.

1 comment:

Jess said...

What kind of books do you read? And what reads do you have planned for the next life?