Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Late is a deal breaker

I am a punctual person. And I expect those people I have to deal with in my life to be punctual as well. I guess you could say I hate late! That is what makes living in this world so irritating. At work, almost everyone I deal with is irresponsible. They never get back to you when they say they will. Never. They don’t show up on time for an appointment. And if you are going to their place for an appointment when you get there they are not home, they forgot. (Even though I reminded them the day before.)

I also hate dealing with the cable company, phone company, and especially exterminator companies. Yup, you guessed it. They didn’t show. So now I am Bugged at the Bug company! They give you a four hour window—8:00 to noon…and then don’t think anything of not showing at all, even when you have waited half a day for them, or a week for them as it may be.

A long time ago a friend of mine made a date with a new guy. When we asked her how it went the next day she said, He told me he would be there at 8:00. So I waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and then it was ten minutes after 8:00! I can so identify…to me ten minutes late is a deal breaker.

Every night for ten years I called my husband and asked him what time he would like dinner. He would pick the time and I would have dinner be on the table at that exact time. Every day he would be at least ten minutes late. (Dinner gets cold in ten minutes.) I got so tired of it one night when he wasn’t home when dinner went on the table I threw his dinner in the garbage.
He has made it home on time most every night since.

Late is unexeptable...leave earlier. My time is just as important as yours.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am a firm believer in punctuality until I realized the rest of the world does not run on Erin time. Since then, I am a little more lenient but not much. If you say you will be somewhere at a certain time, dammit, you better well be there.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. LATE??? I hope it was worth your wait when I was late getting to Duluth! I'm usually within that 10 minute time frame, but never a good judge of long rides.

Today I get to WAIT for the cable guy (our phone doesn't work), so stay tuned for an update. Will s/he be late?

Good luck with the bugs!

This morning we woke up with 50,000 loud birds in our yard. Deafening. I hope they don't wait too long to leave. 50,000 birds are a little more messy than a couple little bugs. I just can't wait for them to leave!

Have a good day, dear friend!

I'm late with the comments, or you were late in getting your Tuesday blog out. Which was it?

Wisconsin Friend