Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random thoughts

Channel 11 on the big TV with DVR has the voices not matching the lips...I hate that so I came upstairs...thought I'd blog. This TV works fine.

Every one who reads this tell everyone you know who is having a baby to put the "Sleep Sheep" on their gift registry. That thing is a God Send. (Thanks Jess!) It plays water rhythms, whale sounds etc. Rylee has it attached to her at all times. When you try to calm her down to sleep you hold it and her and rock. When I put her down I set it right next to her ear and when the timer goes off I quickly turn it back on or she wakes up within a minute. I am buying it for every new mother I know. Love it!

I am doing something I never did when Shannon was a baby-no time I guess-putting pictures into a photo album. (I mean I did some but most of the photos are in a box.) This time I am going to do better. I might even scrapbook. God forbid, I swore I'd never do that, but that was before I was a new Grandma.

Angel is sleeping behind me and making weird little noises. I take it either she is running from a big scary dog or she is sitting in a big box of Cherios...eating her way out!

Tonight I semi cleaned the house. It isn't spotless but it is a lot better than it was. It wouldn't pass the white glove test but on the other hand you can't write your name on the furniture in dust.

Have a good one.............

3 comments:

Erin said...

It's good to know the sheep works well. I will have to keep that on the backburner for baby number 2.

Is Rylee a fussy sleeper all the time or just during parts of the day or night? We lucked out with Miller. He mainly was a pain in the rump from 11pm - 3am for the first month or two. Any other time, he would fall asleep on his own anywhere; noise or no noise.

Carol said...

Uh oh, a light sleeper hmmm. You should get her those same kinds of sounds on a CD (I have some of those) and then put the CD player on repeat mode - maybe she will sleep all night! :)

I will definitely have to remember the sheep and the nature sounds for the future!

Jess said...

On the one hand, it's good that the sleep sheep helps now, but on the other hand, that probably means she'll require those sounds to fall asleep all the time.