Friday, September 19, 2008

Observations

Shannon looks so great for being two weeks post delivery. I forgot how skinny she was. She is wearing her pre pregnancy capris and everything. She is looking completely back to normal except for the hooters of course and a bit of left over skin on the tummy that was stretched out to the max. Now if she wasn't still coughing and sleep-walking she might feel like her old self again.

I found out that Angel can be a good dog when she wants to be. She gaurds the baby, sleeps right next to her, and is attentive to her every move. She lets us know if we aren't paying attention. Rio on the other hand sleeps by the front door and gaurds the house. So both dogs are doing their job.

Being born during hurricane season must influence babies in more ways than one...because Rylee goes off like a hurricane spout when she wakes up and wants food. I hear stirring behind me now...winds will soon be in excess of 150 miles per hour--and that is one observation you can take to the bank! I can almost her her saying, "gramma get that bottle ready!"

1 comment:

Carol said...

That is so wonderful that you can be down there to help them out right now! I know my Grandma was there to help both I and my brother were born. That is definitely how women have been doing it for years.

Shannon and Rylee are really lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful Mom/Grandma!!!