Sunday, September 28, 2008

dinner & a movie

Last night Pilar came to dinner. I mixed up a concoction a bit like a meatloaf but with very different seasonings and made them into balls then I put a pocket in them and filled the pocket with Gorgonzola cheese then baked them. I also made a mashed potatoes of both regular and sweet potatoes. Then we watched an old favorite movie of mine, The Out of Towners. Pilar loved it and borrowed it to watch with Monica. During the movie we had cheese cake with strawberries and chocolate with coffee for desert. Big mistake! The coffee kept me up all all night. Pilar left at 12:30 a.m. and I stayed up until 2:30 because she forgot her phone. Which is her life line! I kept thinking she would realize she left it and come back. Finally I went to bed where I laid awake all night. At 7:00 she showed up to get her phone, I was sewing, luckily the dog heard her knock. Except for that we had a great night! I think we could talk forever (or at least a long long time) and not run out of things to say. Next weekend we are going to repeat but watch The Goodbye Girl!

By the way the meatloaf thing...was okay, interesting, but not great so as my Dad would say, "we'll have no more of that!"

5 comments:

Erin said...

The night owl in you should know better than to add caffeine to the mix! I stay away from mixed drinks unless I know it's caffeine free otherwise I would be up all night too.

Sounds like you ladies had a fun night. Maybe the balls of meat would have been better with less seasoning and just the cheese...oh well. At least you gave it a try. :)

Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like you had a great girls night. The cheese cake sounds pretty good-I hear you on the coffee. Some times I drink it too late and can't get to sleep. We never learn!

Jess said...

Sounds like a nice evening.

Carol said...

Sounds like fun! I miss girl's nights! :( Yes, definitely avoid late-night caffiene, I had to cut out caffiene all together (except for what is in chocolate) because I am just too sensitive to it. I can't even have sugar too late at night or I won't sleep!

mom2ET said...

I make a meatloaf with ground turkey, stovetop stuffing mix, an egg, and whole cranberry sauce. Mix all of it together and then top with 1/3 of the cranberry sauce.

I haven't tried balls, but I have seen making cups in a cupcake pan and then fill with cheese. Sounds good. I definitely want to try the potatoes.