Saturday, September 6, 2008

Long Night

Long night for everyone. This is the slowest hospital ever. They say they will be right back and then two hours later come in and say pretty soon now...I talked to Shannon around 8:00 and she was tired, hungry and her back aches but nothing else had happened. She thought they would be starting the drip soon and that should move things along.
Jon got some rest in the easy chair and Shannon said she rested but didn't sleep. Vanessa and Pilar kept me company until around 1:00 last night and then I laid on the couch and watched TV. I dosed around five for an hour. But mostly my mind was on Shannon and the baby. I felt peaceful though and I know soon both my girls will be doing fine!

This morning Pilar said that Ike wasn't going to hit us directly I must turn on the news and check it out. Shannon will be so happy if when she brings the baby home the electricity stays on!

Keep us in your thoughts....

2 comments:

Jess said...

The forecast now has FL pretty much out of danger from Ike. Looks like it will hit Cuba, not us.

Tell Shannon and Jon we're thinking of them! From what I know (which is limited), inducing is slow in general, so it may not just be the hospital.

Erin said...

I think it's part of the delivery process (the slowness) and south FL hospitals. It's super tough to rest in the hospital with the anticipation and constant interruptions. Hopefully the pitocin will work quickly for her rather than slowly.

We should be ok with Ike but if the forecast changes, you know we are right down the street if you need anything.