Monday, September 22, 2008

Daddys

Mom 2 ET commented that Daddy's have their own special power especially with a little girl. It got me thinking...how true. I hope Rylee's Daddy will be the kind of dad mine was.

My Dad could pull off my band-aids with no pain. He could extract loose teeth with ease. Once when I got a fishing lure hooked by my eye I insisted he take it out himself rather than taking me to the doctor--so he pushed the barb through, cut it off with pliers and pulled it back through. Mom was horrified but I never even cried. More than once he sat by my bed while I slept, trying to swat a pesky mosquito that was buzzing around my head. In my teen years he would come and pick me up when I called and said "I got in over my head"...whenever and wherever, he never ask questions. He was the one I could go to, no matter what bone- headed thing I did. (And there were quite a few.)
He was my soft place to fall...........God, I miss you Dad.

3 comments:

Carol said...

What wonderful memories! What a great Dad! Don't worry, he is still looking out for you :)

Jess said...

I'm sure Jon will be an excellent father to Rylee.

Agate Lake Girl said...

And my Dad is the best splinter remover ever. Remember the time, I got all those splinters from Pastor's dock and Dad had to work for hours to get them all out?