Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Night Shift

Rylee is not giving her parents the gift of a good nights sleep. So last night they finally took me up on my offer of the Night Shift. I came at midnight and let Shannon sleep. Rylee and I had a fun night and I got caught up on late night TV. She was very good as long as you had all night to devote to her. Then today I stayed until around 3:00 pm. Just a bit too long. I was there long enough to help Shannon clean up a blast of a poop that basically went--well, everywhere. (I managed to leave before blast #2 of #2 hit.) Then I came home to catch up on my sleep. I will get there early tomorrow morning and see if Shannon can get a morning nap in. Between the delivery etc. She hasn't sleep much for 10 days. After one night I admit it, I am going to fall into bed. I forgot how exhausting those first few weeks can be. Jon and Shannon cope very well...but then they are young. Thank goodness I can be here to help spell them a bit. If you don't have to do it all on your own...why should you! But for those who have to...more power to you!

1 comment:

Erin said...

It's still fresh in my mind and I still don't think I have caught up on all the sleep I missed. Give it a few more weeks and things will get better. I didn't have help and was too stubborn to nap during the day (BAD IDEA). I think I was a walking zombie for a month or two.