Friday, March 13, 2009

Will beer conquer fear?

What am I to do.
Now the scruffy cat has taken to living near my place. Every time I drive in or out of the yard or open the car door or house door it comes running. I don't think it is a Ferrell, I think it is an abandoned cat. It seems to like people! In fact it tries to come in to the house or car! I am afraid to open my garage door as I'm sure it will run in. While unloading groceries it wanted to jump in my car. Then it tried to come in.
The animal control people said if I can get it into a crate or box they will pick it up the same day. I have a dog kennel I don't use, if it was baited with food I bet it would run in!

Anybody want to help catch it???? I am allergic and a bit nervous...I will supply the beer!
I feel sorry for the poor thing. They did say it would go to the shelter.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe we will take a trip over this weekend and try to catch fluffy. Hopefully (s)he's a nice kitty and will go to a good home.

Carol said...

You could always try and contact an animal rescue group. They find homes for rescued animals. Just do a search on the internet, I am sure there are some in your area. Then you don't have to worry about it getting put to sleep.

Jess said...

If you haven't already, I agree with Carol. Try the humane society.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I really need to teach you how to spell. Is or cat feral (untamed) or raised by Will Ferrell? :)