Saturday, March 21, 2009

Kitty cat love

Well as you know I have been feeling so sad for lost kitty...yesterday the lady across the street from me fed it. She put out a lot of food and the little thing ate it all. Then sometime last night she must have puked it all up on my driveway. (I cleaned up the mess today.) But the best thing happened while we were sewing later this morning.

The kids across the street were walking their dog...who didn't like the cat at all! So they put the dog back in the house and brought out treats for the cat. They were running and tossing treats, a bit scared of the cat I think. But the cat didn't look twice at the food she just ran after the kids meowing. I could tell she just wanted some petting. It was breaking my heart. Then their dad came out, I have always thought of him...well as an ass... but low and behold he has a new place in my heart now, because he bent down and petted that little stray cat. I never saw an animal so happy. She rubbed her head all over him and walked in and out of his legs rubbing against him. He called his boys over and they started petting it too. I balled like a baby for fifteen minutes. Jan must have thought I lost my mind. But all I could think of was all the cat wanted was some human inter-action and love. When they went in the house the cat layed right down under their car, hoping she had found a family. But I don't think so. Their dog is big and mean.

I called the city again and asked if the cat would get a chance to get placed or just put down if I trapped it...they said, the later. So now I guess maybe it is just better to leave her on her own. I wish I knew someone who wanted a cat. I bet if she had a flea bath and vet check she would make a wonderful loving family pet. She is such a pretty little calico. If you know of anyone looking to adopt a cat please let me know. If they would come over I bet they would like her. Please ask around, this cat needs love.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I thought you were headed to a tragic ending with this post! Glad to see it wasn't so (and your neighbor isn't such as ass afterall!).