Friday, March 6, 2009

Lost Lonely Kitty

Our complex has several feral cats that live here. They hang out on the other end so I don't usually don't see them. But several neighbors complain that one lady feeds them and they want her to stop! People are afraid for their kids and pets. They say the cats carry diseases. They have tried calling animal control but they said they are too busy and the shelters too full for them to do anything. Well, last night about 5:00 pm...one came up to the back patio door-looking around for bugs-I suppose. It was so thin and scruffy and seemed lonely. I felt so sad I couldn't stand it. I almost gave in and fed it even though they've asked us not too. This is cruel. How can animals be treated so badly? Poor cats must think no body cares. What should I do?

Unrelated issue: I have a very drippy shower! I am losing lots of water as the drip is steady. I called my plumber at home and he said it's the gasket on the on-off thingy. (Thingy was not his word.) Now I have the delemma of finding a plumber. As luck would have it I am babysitting Mon. Tue. Wed. next week so I guess the dripping will continue...

3 comments:

Erin said...

I feel bad for the stray cats too but don't feed it! Those things multiply like mad. The worst part is it costs you money to drop them off at a shelter. I think more people would be willing to bring a stray in if it wouldn't cost them anything.

Plumbing dilema...if you are babysitting for three days, can't Rylee come to your house for the day the plumber comes?

Jenny said...

Our neighbors feed a number of cats. We don't mind though because they keep the rodents away. (They also get along well with the bunny that lives outside near our house, but that is another story!)

My plumber only works in Palm Beach County...I'd have reccomended them otherwise!

Carol said...

You could always see if Jon could do it, I don't think gaskets are that tough.

I understand how you feel about the cats, but unless you are willling to take it in and get it spade/neutered, I would not start feeding it, once you do it will keep coming around.