Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So Much Love

I forgot to mention how great it is being home. Unless you are from a small town in MN you most likely can't relate but knowing everyone in town is wonderful. My first day home I ran to my local grocery store and with in 15 feet of the front door two people had hugged me. Then I saw the asst. manager and got a warm welcome back. And the checkout girl from another lane yelled..."hey stranger, so glad you are back." There is something so special about feeling like people care. In larger cities, no one cares! There might be a bit more to gossip about in a small town but when the chips are down everyone shows up.
The first three days I was home I had family and friends over each night for dinner. My social calendar is already full. I am making plans for the big Pierz all day all city garage sale next week! So much excitement! To think people say small towns are boring...(In my younger years I was foolish enough to think so too.)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Glad to hear that you're enjoying being home!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Don't love it too much, I need you to come back here soon. :)

Carol said...

My hubby feels the same way about his small town. I really enjoy the small town atmosphere we are living in now. Growing up in the Army we moved around so much, hopefully some day we can get established in some small town for the duration!