Sunday, April 27, 2008

Great Day

Today as you might have read is my Birthday (59 but don't tell) and it was great. First thing in the morning Shannon called that started my day off right.

I was missing my mom so I went through her jewelry chest drawer by drawer. The chest is a piece of furniture about 2ftx2ftx2ft, it is an old map chest that has about 8-10 drawers. Mom kept all her jewelry and small things, keepsakes and costume jewelry in there. It was always packed to the hilt. And every little girl who came over played dress up with all the sparkly's. Shannon love to play with the jewelry and find little treasures. Today I did. It was like spending the day with mom. I decided I am taking it back to Florida with me this summer so my granddaughter can play with the stuff in it someday too and hear stories about her great grandma. (Love you Mom)

After that I relaxed mostly. I did make John a nice pot roast dinner with gravy , potatoes and carrots. I ate a black bean burger and a salad (trying to be good here) but I am going up to drink some wine for my birthday treat! I draw the line at giving up wine. After all I'm drinking for three. (Shannon, Erin and Me!)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday! You are too young to be 59!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Connie! Sounds like you had a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Con..Sorry I missed your big day! Happy Birthday, you young 59
year-old you! Hope you celebrated in grand style. Can you believe we are on our way to being 60? Yikes! Where did the time go? We sure don't look or ACT our age do we? You'll be forever young! B in Wi.