Friday, April 11, 2008

Snow Bound

We woke up to about 8-10 inches of snow and it has snowed steady all day! What is up with that? It is supposed to dump another 6-8 inches tonight. Here is yet another reason I am glad I am not a man...the plowing and shoveling! Yuk. The good thing is they called off school...I used to love that when I was a kid.
My mom told me that one year (I forget the year) the only month all year that didn't get any snow was July! They had a minumn of atleast a flurry every other month. Hard to believe but Mom never exaggerated. Now if I had told the story--a different story--I am all about the exaggeration.

The office was slow so I cleaned out lots of paper crap to get a start on my organizing. I just can't get my husband to throw anything away.

The thing I always hate about getting home is finding that the house wasn't kept up to my standards. Well it wasn't too bad over all. But want to hear something so funny...when I got home the Christmas decorations were still up! In the house and office. I almost died on the spot. He said he didn't know where to put them, which is why I am going to be ruthless while I reorg! But with the snow now they don't seem so out of place. Ho ho ho.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I have to admit I am jealous of the snow! Guess you should have stayed in Florida for another week! =) Yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean about cleaning. Why is is that men and women have such different standards of what clean means? And my hubby would react the same way about seasonal decorations. Men, you gotta love 'em but they are definitely wired differently than women!