Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mission Organization

Yesterday was a busy one. Everything I touched was given a permanent home or found one in the garbage. While I was busy doing that I nursed along Bar-B-Q Chicken and Ribs the long slow way adding a bit of liquid every 15 minutes. We had John's sister and husband over to dinner. We also got a call from some old friends to come to Aitkin for a fund raiser for grad-blast last night. A band playing at the 40 Club convention center. We went and had a couple drinks, bought lots of lotto tickets for prizes and tried to visit. Which brings me to a question? I know this makes me sound old but...Why are bands so loud? My ears are still ringing, seriously. Cindy and I went out of the dance area, through a long corridor past two closed doors and the music was still so loud we could hardly hear ourselves talk even then. I have a sore throat from yelling so loud all night. Four times during the night the manager asked them to turn it down as they got so many complaints. But it never got any quieter. It is as if their manhood and the volume was directly connected!

No comments: