Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Comments to comments

I'm not sure you can copy to dark brown construction paper? And if you could it would cost more than they pay those grade school teachers. When I think of how many hours she must put in just on those art projects not to mention the planning etc, wow. I guess I am happy to help even though yesterdays marathon of ants was beyond the call of duty. Need I say, I am happy we aren't doing it next year!

I have tried yoga, with my arthritis it was awful but those meditation tapes sound interesting, where do you get them? Because it seems hard to turn my brain off. Jon suggested the ocean sounds too, I guess I am ready to try something. Although, I'm going home next week and I always sleep better there.

Oh and last night I had another great night's sleep! Maybe I am getting back in the swing...or maybe it was the 3 glasses of wine? Atleast I went to bed happy.

Today should be more fun...day 2 of Shannon's week off. Baby stuff to do.

3 comments:

Carol said...

You may be able to get them at any bookstore - I suggest looking at Amazon.com. I typed Relaxation Meditation in the search engine and choose Music as the category and there are tons listed. This one looked really good

http://www.amazon.com/Calming-Collection-Solutions-meditation-Hypnotic/dp/B000M8NGYM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1207054060&sr=1-2

This is one I use and really like:
http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Spaces-Healing-Exercises-Refresh/dp/B000065U9L/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1207054485&sr=1-7

If you look at all the descriptions and ratings on Amazon and pick a couple you think look good, then you can always call around to the local bookstores to see if they have it or can order it. You can always order direct from Amazon too, Kirk and I usually do that (probably too often!).

Several of these combine with ocean sounds or nature sounds which are definitely soothing. I have tried those for sleeping at times - I particularly enjoy rain sounds.

Glad you had another good nights sleep!

Jess said...

You can copy on to any kind of paper, but how it turns out is another matter...

But yeah, I'm sure Shannon does spend a lot of time on all those projects, and you know, all I remember about kindergarten is eating glue, so maybe she should just line up a few bottles of Elmer's for the kids and let 'em go to town. Who needs the project when what they'll remember will be the sweet taste of glue?!

MN Mom said...

Totally cool...eating glue. I bet the kids would love it. And if they have a tummy ache or two...oh well!