Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

...to all and to all a good night. (A good night of parties and candy that is.) Kids everywhere be safe!

Do you know that Halloween is my least favorite holiday, least by a mile. Shannon will tell you I hardly ever let her trick or treat as a kid. But I did let her dress up and hand out candy and some years we made a spook house and took treaters through it, so I am not completely heartless. And of course of all the wonderful holidays out there which one do you think is her favorite now? (besides Xmas that is every one's fave) Halloween of course!

So mothers everywhere be careful...if you hate something your kids will surely love it. (Watch out what you say about the boy with a dozen earrings and pants down around his knees; or the girl with sexy shirts and short skirts.

I am babysitting tonight and tomorrow, as Shannon and Jon are going to parties. They need some adult fun that doesn't include poo diapers and formula! Rylee and I are hanging out and have our own fun planned.
Have good weekend.

4 comments:

mom2ET said...

I'm sure that it will be quite the sacrifice hanging out with that adorable little mermaid. It is going to be the warmest Halloween in Colorado since 1954. Temps will be in the 60's between 5pm and 8pm. Usually you have to make sure that your costume can incorporate some kind of coat. I have a feeling Emma will be ready to go all night. Especially when she figures out that mass amounts of candy will be coming her way.

Have a great Halloween!

Erin said...

So you made Rylee a costume and she can't show it off. Miller was looking forward to trick or treating with her. BTW, he's an alligator and might have eaten her so I guess I see why she is staying home.

Jess said...

Rylee's not coming to our party? Poop.

Carol said...

Oh my gosh - I am just getting caught up and so will comment on several of your posts all at once.

First of all "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" is one of the BEST holiday shows EVER!!! I watch it every year. It ranks right up there with A Charlie Brown Christmas. Not only does Linus sit out waiting for the Great Pumpkin - this is where Snoopy is the WWI Flying Ace!

As for the temperature - we get the same thing here in Louisiana. I have been LOVING this weather all week while everyone around me thinks I am the crazy one since they are freezing in this 60s weather.

Happy Halloween! Have fun with the adorable little mermaid!