Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bits and pieces

Rylee had such a great day today! She must have felt soo good! She ate and then fell asleep so peacefully all day . I hope that means that she is finally getting better. XXXXXX Keeping my fingers crossed.

Because she was always sleeping, Shannon was getting little projects done and I had nothing to do so I went home around 2:00 and hit the sewing machine. Not literally, but I sewed a costume for Rylee for Halloween. It's interesting. Not sure if it's quite right yet. I am going to try it on her today. Shannon wanted her to be a mermaid. Whether she will be or not is yet to be determined.

I am up in the middle of the night with leg cramps AGAIN. Ever since the government made Quinine a med that was banned I have been miserable. Some of them are the really bad ones in the calf--which are bearable. But most are much worse. They are in my thigh and feel like a hot knife is twisting in it. They last for about 30 minutes and are the worst pain I have ever had. Getting one terrifies me that is how bad they are. Tonight I went on line and I see that Canada pharmacies still sell quinine...I am going to call the doctor and see if he will give me a prescription for it to fill there. It is worth a try.

I am up now so I am going to make coffee! Have a great weekend...........

3 comments:

Erin said...

Just drink a few too many gin and tonics. The quinine in tonic could be effective if you drank 6-12 quarts (straight from wikipedia baby).

Seriously though, don't even consider going the Canada route. There are reasons they banned it here.

Carol said...

Hmm, I always eat bannanas to ease leg cramps, but then again mine are never that bad. I am sorry you are suffering! I hope you can find something that will help!!!!

Jess said...

I was gonna say the same thing as Erin: tonic water has quinine in it.