Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ja ever?

Did you ever wonder how much of your life is spent WAITING?
Waiting in lines. Waiting for a phone call. Waiting for people who are late. Waiting for the movie to start. Waiting for appointments. Waiting is for shit! I hate it. I figure just waiting has taken up a third of my life. If I had put that time to better use I might be rich by now.

One of my old friends summed up how I feel about waiting. Here is her story:
"He was supposed to be there to pick me up at 8:00. I waited. I waited. I waited and waited and waited and paced and paced and waited and waited...and then it was ten minutes after 8:00!"

1 comment:

Carol said...

I am a terrible waitee - that is why I always carry something with me to entertain my brain. I might have a book, a magazine, or my nintendo, or depending on the situation even papers to grade (waiting for car repairs). That makes it more bearable and more productive for me. What were you waiting on?