Friday, January 25, 2008

oxymoron

Urgent Care--in FL--that is an oxymoron.
I decided to get help from a doctor for this sore throat. It took literally all day to find a walk in clinic and see a doctor. At least I think he was a doctor--I couldn't understand a word he said. But I opened my mouth and he looked inside and that was pretty much that. But I will say they don't make it easy to be sick here in Florida do they? The first urgent care clinic I stopped at, near the Sawgrass mall, didn't open until 3:00PM. I guess they hope no one around here is urgently sick until the afternoon. The next one I tried was by the Publix on Nob Hill and Oakland. It was closed for an hour for lunch, that should have been my first clue. I waited and when I got inside it looked like a nasty, unclean, make-shift abortion clinic, thankfully they didn't except insurance, it was cash only! I finally ended up at Oakland and Pine Island, where I waited and waited and waited. But thankfully, I brought along a four inch thick book, 2nd in a series that Shannon gave me to read, which I had wanted to get into anyway. New Moon, I finished it that same day. Need I say more.
I did get on antibiotics and it helped. I am starting to feel better. Soon I'll be able to Par-ty! And I need too see people, because except for the Vampires in my book, I haven't interacted with humans all week. Wait, Vampires aren't human are they?

No comments: