Saturday, January 5, 2008

Flurrie of Fobias

Chicken shit--that's me. I am afraid of the ocean...I won't go on it or fly over it, due to fear of the unknown and sharks. I am afraid to fly, period (but I do-out of necessity) I'm afraid of bugs, mice (worse yet rats, basically anything that scurries or buzzes. So today when I saw a RAT at our complex I was terrified! And as luck would have it the rat ran right into the bushes by my door! I have had John out there three times with a broom making sure it has left the area. I was inside the house-door locked- watching him shake the bushes I couldn't help but think of "Cool Hand Luke"--shaking it up here boss!
What next? A crocodile? A shark in the pool? I'm not so sure that I shouldn't pack up and go home with him on Tuesday. I don't think I am cut out for Florida.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can survive Florida! Have you reported the Rat to the propery management or the local homeowners association? Maybe you could call an exterminator? You can always call your son-in-law who is not far away to come beat the bushes if you need to. Besides, think how cold it is in Minnesota and how warm Florida is...

Erin said...

That poor rat was probably more scared of you than vice versa. I bet he high tailed it out of there looking for some better food. (You aren't leaving him gourmet treats are you?) Plus, with Angel guarding the homestead, I think you are safe. At least he was outside and not in the house or the garage. Then you would have legitimate reasons to hop on that flight. Rats are fine, it's those icky tails on them that bug me.

Jess said...

Crocodiles and sharks in the pool are unlikely; however, an alligator in the backyard is highly possible.

Personally, I am scared of killer bees, hippos and elevators. We all have our fears.

Jess said...

Oh, I guess I should also include enclosed/small spaces (thus, the elevators). I don't even really like Jerry to snuggle me because it feels like he's holding me down and suffocating me. Can't have the covers over my head for the same reasons.