Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Oh lonesome me

Last night was my first night without my husband. He is safely back in MN but what a void he left. When you have been married as long as I have (34 1/2 years) and your partner isn't around nothing feels right. I took the dog with me to drop him at the airport and she cried all the way home. Then last night she kept looking for him. She misses the warm lap and long legs to lay on. I miss our morning chat over coffee and the quiet comfort of company at night while we watch our favorite TV shows. He has it much worse, crazy work days, income taxes, cooking and the lonesomes! (Sorry honey, you didn't marry very well!)
To keep busy I will get started on all my projects that I haven't even looked at since I got here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how rough it is when you are apart from your spouse. At least you get to spend some good quality time with Shannon for awhile! It is hard having families so scattered because of work.