Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I haven’t had much time to blog of late…well, if truth be told I haven’t had anything to blog about. John and I have been spending some time just relaxing, we also have spent some time with Shannon. Mostly we have been lazy, but it has felt so dang good.
We have done a few fun things since Christmas:
Some MN friends, Nina and Bill Caddy stayed with us a couple nights. We mostly just ate…except when I asked poor Bill to help John hang a ceiling fan for me and what a job that turned out to be, six hours, two men, a lot of the three S’s-sweat-swearing & sloshing (down beer that is). But thanks to Bill’s-need to succeed-they did it!
Saw two movies, PS I LOVE YOU (too sad) and Ella Enchanted (too cutesy).
A New Years Eve party at the Froyd’s; Partying with the young crowd was fun and I actually saw midnight! (A feat I usually never achieve.) Even though we left a little before midnight we rang in the new year at home. At the party there was food, booze and plenty of laughter. The stories were the most embarrassing moments of 2007, kind of thing. But the best part was the fireworks the boys shot off. Lots and lots of “ooo aah” fireworks. That display would make most small towns proud. (My favorites were the crackling kind…I love sparkle!)

Now for those darn resolutions…to chill out and forget about good intentions! (Yes! Now that I can do.)
So to all of you…Hope your last couple of weeks were wonderful and your new year…a happy healthy one! We'll talk again soon...Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! So glad that you are enjoying some relaxation and fun, that is a great way to end a busy year and bring in a new one!